Blog: Adidas World Cup day kicks off
Joe Ayling | 21 June 2010
Much has been written about the Adidas Jabulani football, and just-style will actually be putting it to the test today (21 June).
I've been invited to a World Cup media day at the company's headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany, to mark the ongoing tournament.
Adidas is the official sponsor of the event, and has thrown a wealth of resources to compete with rival Nike in South Africa.
But when it comes to the new ball, perhaps the likes Messi, Rooney and Drogba are best placed to pass judgment. Nevertheless, it'll provide a perfect excuse for any shots fired wide of the mark this morning.
A better purpose of my visit is to interview Herbert Hainer, Adidas' longstanding CEO who has steered the company through three successful World Cups.
A full match report will follow, although this afternoon's game between Chile and Switzerland might just grab the headlines.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar