Blog: Adili’s AIM debut
Leonie Barrie | 12 December 2007
Green is set to become the new black for ethical online clothing retailer Adili after raising GBP1.5m (US$3.1m) in its initial public offering this week. The company hopes the listing will precede stellar sales growth, and has even hinted that it will be able to produce ethical fashion for the same price as standard high street clothes as it grows in size.
The firm has every right to feel optimistic about its potential since it has a foothold in two of the apparel industry’s most dynamic markets: ethical fashion and online sales.
A recent ethical consumerism report from the Co-operative Bank put ethical clothing as one of the fastest growing sectors in a buoyant market, with sales increasing by 79% last year to GBP52m. And research company Forester estimates that by 2011 e-commerce will reach 32m buyers spending GBP76bn in the UK alone. Both of which suggest that the outlook for Adili is very bright indeed.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022