Blog: An appetite for fashion
Joe Ayling | 7 April 2010
It is not often that food brands venture into fashion, but breakfast cereal Special K is an obvious fit.
News that Kellogg's will launch a version of its trademark red dress at Marks and Spencer stores this summer comes as no great shock to just-style.
Not only has Twitter been buzzing with speculation, but the dress is a fixture on television screens.
The dress, which we are conditioned to associate with Special K models spinning around after yoga practice thanks to the brand's powerful marketing, has become much sought after.
"Special K consumers have been asking us for years where they can buy the dresses featured in our advertising and this partnership," says Greg Peterson, managing director of Kellogg’s UK Marketing & Sales.
The release should boost traffic of healthy living women through Marks and Spencer's doors, with Special K being the UK's most popular cereal.
With the dress costing the equivalent of just ten boxes of Special K cereal too, Kellogg's might come to realise that fashion is often a faster way to a woman's heart than low calorie cereal.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar