Blog: An appetite for fashion
Joe Ayling | 7 April 2010
It is not often that food brands venture into fashion, but breakfast cereal Special K is an obvious fit.
News that Kellogg's will launch a version of its trademark red dress at Marks and Spencer stores this summer comes as no great shock to just-style.
Not only has Twitter been buzzing with speculation, but the dress is a fixture on television screens.
The dress, which we are conditioned to associate with Special K models spinning around after yoga practice thanks to the brand's powerful marketing, has become much sought after.
"Special K consumers have been asking us for years where they can buy the dresses featured in our advertising and this partnership," says Greg Peterson, managing director of Kellogg’s UK Marketing & Sales.
The release should boost traffic of healthy living women through Marks and Spencer's doors, with Special K being the UK's most popular cereal.
With the dress costing the equivalent of just ten boxes of Special K cereal too, Kellogg's might come to realise that fashion is often a faster way to a woman's heart than low calorie cereal.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack