Blog: An appetite for fashion
Joe Ayling | 7 April 2010
It is not often that food brands venture into fashion, but breakfast cereal Special K is an obvious fit.
News that Kellogg's will launch a version of its trademark red dress at Marks and Spencer stores this summer comes as no great shock to just-style.
Not only has Twitter been buzzing with speculation, but the dress is a fixture on television screens.
The dress, which we are conditioned to associate with Special K models spinning around after yoga practice thanks to the brand's powerful marketing, has become much sought after.
"Special K consumers have been asking us for years where they can buy the dresses featured in our advertising and this partnership," says Greg Peterson, managing director of Kellogg’s UK Marketing & Sales.
The release should boost traffic of healthy living women through Marks and Spencer's doors, with Special K being the UK's most popular cereal.
With the dress costing the equivalent of just ten boxes of Special K cereal too, Kellogg's might come to realise that fashion is often a faster way to a woman's heart than low calorie cereal.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar