Blog: An Olympic effort
Leonie Barrie | 20 August 2004
I’ve found myself riveted by TV coverage of the Athens Olympics over the past week. Maybe there’s a bit of a professional interest in the games too, as sportswear companies seem to have a much higher profile than I remember from previous events. Perhaps its also because their innovations are entering the realms of science fiction, and nowhere are this more apparent than in the swimming pool. Speedo has drawn on Formula 1 technology and ‘computational fluid dynamics’ to model fluid flow around the swimmer. Nike’s latest drag-killing device is a little simpler: strapless water goggles. Apparently two independent goggle lenses get affixed to the eye sockets with medical-grade adhesive (read: superglue)! Can these developments really be worth it? When it comes down to a split-second chance at a gold medal then the answer has to be ‘yes.’ And that’s without the consumer sales that are bound to follow in the Olympians’ wake.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"