Blog: An Olympic effort
Leonie Barrie | 20 August 2004
I’ve found myself riveted by TV coverage of the Athens Olympics over the past week. Maybe there’s a bit of a professional interest in the games too, as sportswear companies seem to have a much higher profile than I remember from previous events. Perhaps its also because their innovations are entering the realms of science fiction, and nowhere are this more apparent than in the swimming pool. Speedo has drawn on Formula 1 technology and ‘computational fluid dynamics’ to model fluid flow around the swimmer. Nike’s latest drag-killing device is a little simpler: strapless water goggles. Apparently two independent goggle lenses get affixed to the eye sockets with medical-grade adhesive (read: superglue)! Can these developments really be worth it? When it comes down to a split-second chance at a gold medal then the answer has to be ‘yes.’ And that’s without the consumer sales that are bound to follow in the Olympians’ wake.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022