Blog: Animal instincts
Leonie Barrie | 17 February 2005
Here’s an interesting idea for a clothing application, and one that’s unashamedly gleaned from the visual warning signs - chameleons change colour and porcupines erect their spines for example - that animals give out to each other when they feel threatened.
The prototype coat design incorporates warning strips of fur that become electro-statically charged and start to stand on end in situations where the wearer feels uncomfortable. I don’t know how legal the next two stages would be though: tingling skin sensations if you invade the wearer’s space followed by a 100,000 volt electro-static charge. But with some modification I’m sure someone out there will be able to find numerous commercial applications for clothing that bites back.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016