Blog: Apple misses trick with iPants
Joe Ayling | 27 January 2011
First we had the iPod, then the iPhone and most recently the iPad. But who would have foreseen this latest development?
Electronics giant Apple will be green with envy about a new shapewear product called the iPant, being launched by Wacoal this week.
Cheaper than all three of the aforementioned gizmos, the iPant is being sold online by the intimate apparel brand for US$60.
And what the pants lack in gigabytes and Wi Fi connectivity, they make up for by making cellulite disappear from waist, hips and thigh areas, thanks to "Novarel Slim technology".
Indeed, a shapewear item that helps you "redefine your silhouette and reshape your lower body in 28 days with lasting results" definitely deserves to have an 'i' prefix in my view.
I'm sure Wacoal would settle for a fraction of the euphoria that normally goes with it too.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022