Blog: Apple misses trick with iPants
Joe Ayling | 27 January 2011
First we had the iPod, then the iPhone and most recently the iPad. But who would have foreseen this latest development?
Electronics giant Apple will be green with envy about a new shapewear product called the iPant, being launched by Wacoal this week.
Cheaper than all three of the aforementioned gizmos, the iPant is being sold online by the intimate apparel brand for US$60.
And what the pants lack in gigabytes and Wi Fi connectivity, they make up for by making cellulite disappear from waist, hips and thigh areas, thanks to "Novarel Slim technology".
Indeed, a shapewear item that helps you "redefine your silhouette and reshape your lower body in 28 days with lasting results" definitely deserves to have an 'i' prefix in my view.
I'm sure Wacoal would settle for a fraction of the euphoria that normally goes with it too.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020