Blog: Apple misses trick with iPants
Joe Ayling | 27 January 2011
First we had the iPod, then the iPhone and most recently the iPad. But who would have foreseen this latest development?
Electronics giant Apple will be green with envy about a new shapewear product called the iPant, being launched by Wacoal this week.
Cheaper than all three of the aforementioned gizmos, the iPant is being sold online by the intimate apparel brand for US$60.
And what the pants lack in gigabytes and Wi Fi connectivity, they make up for by making cellulite disappear from waist, hips and thigh areas, thanks to "Novarel Slim technology".
Indeed, a shapewear item that helps you "redefine your silhouette and reshape your lower body in 28 days with lasting results" definitely deserves to have an 'i' prefix in my view.
I'm sure Wacoal would settle for a fraction of the euphoria that normally goes with it too.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective