Blog: Are men spending more than women?
Katie Smith | 23 May 2011
Men are spending more on impulse buys but not when it comes to clothing, according to recent research by Npower. A survey of more than 2,000 customers found that the average Brit is expected to spend more than GBP70,000 (US$112,600) on impulse buys over a lifetime.
Although research showed that men spend more overall, statistics show that women spend more on clothes than men. Hardly surprising when our wardrobes are bursting out...
38.8% of women say that clothes are a regular impulse buy for them compared to 16.25% of men. Clothes come second in women's top impulse buys whilst it appears fifth on the list for men. And 22.97% of women confessed they make most of their impulse buys in clothes shops compared to 15.37% of men.
Many women like to show their clothes off on a night out - but when it comes to confessing that they have bought to their partner, it's a different story. 33% of girls admit they don't bother telling them about their recently purchases. And as a result a fifth of couples argue regularly about overspending.
Moral of the story...never tell your partner what you have bought ladies!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack