Blog: Babe in a box
Leonie Barrie | 22 November 2005
Following on from my last blog about retailers needing to pull something extra special out of the bag in order to surpass last year’s holiday sales comes a story from UK retailer New Look which is literally doing just that. Picture the scene: in a bid to get into the festive spirit your other half has been instructed to wait at a particular destination, a restaurant perhaps, or a party, or just at home. You and the gift box will then be delivered to the lucky recipient by a New Look courier, in an adult-sized gift box and wrapped in Christmas paper. The perfect surprise – definitely; but the perfect present – well I’m not so sure!
There’s no doubt the service will raise a festive smile. But I’m not certain it will be a smile of happiness; a grimace or an expression of sheer horror are more likely. The giver of the gift – the person in the box! – will at least have had a makeover with a New Look stylist, but I can safely say that this is one pressie that’s definitely not going to be on my Christmas list this year.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar