Blog: Barcelona to Berlin
Petah Marian | 23 September 2011
As just-style's time at the ITMA international textile and garment machinery exhibition in Barcelona winds down, plans for next week's World Retail Congress in Berlin are winding up.
While I've seen some exciting innovations in cosmetotextiles this morning (the next big thing in fabrics?), and some interesting enzyme denim finishes, plans for the congress continue unabated.
While Berlin will lack the sun, tapas and beaches of Barcelona we are very excited about our plans for WRC, so watch this space.
And - if you're planning on attending and want to tell me about your business - as always, please get in touch - email@example.com.
PS - for those of you wondering about the state of our feet, you'll be happy to know that we were given some very fancy socks - but more on that later.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective