Blog: Bigger picture shows Next success
Leonie Barrie | 6 August 2008
This week saw a heady mention for Next Plc in The Times newspaper's top ten share price growers - with the UK retailer out-gunning the likes of Nokia and Google.
The Times noted that although Next has suffered a sharp fall in the past year, investors who held GBP5,624 worth of Next shares in December 1990 would have become millionaires by 2007.
Its recent market slide has reportedly cut that that figure in half though, and investors would have been depressed with news last week that like-for-like sales at Next fell by 6% in the first six months of the year.
The the chain has also warning that a similar slowdown is likely in its second half.
The Times list is drawn up on shares that could have been bought for next-to-nothing before later creating a fortune.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016