Blog: Birnbaum answers back
Leonie Barrie | 16 February 2015
Do you have any burning questions you’d like to ask a renowned global garment industry expert? For free.
Maybe there’s a topic you’d like to learn more about, something that you’ve seen mentioned here on the pages of just-style, or maybe a strategic issue that’s affecting your own business. It might be to do with a specific country, a specific product, or a wider sourcing and supply chain concern. Perhaps you’ve received a request from your customers and you don’t know which way to turn.
Hopefully we can help. We’ve teamed up with consultant David Birnbaum who’s agreed to share his advice and opinions on any queries we receive. And the answers will be published here on just-style.
To get the ball rolling, we’re kicking off with David’s feedback on operating a small and medium size factory in an industry dominated by multi-national giants. Click on the following link to read more: COMMENT: SME survival in a world of giants
If you’d like David to consider your own question, please click here to email me and I’ll pass the message on.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
US fibre producer Invista says the opening of its new nylon 6,6 facility in China this week, will help advance the development of the nylon 6,6 industry in the country, in line with national industry ...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report