Blog: Birnbaum answers back
Leonie Barrie | 16 February 2015
Do you have any burning questions you’d like to ask a renowned global garment industry expert? For free.
Maybe there’s a topic you’d like to learn more about, something that you’ve seen mentioned here on the pages of just-style, or maybe a strategic issue that’s affecting your own business. It might be to do with a specific country, a specific product, or a wider sourcing and supply chain concern. Perhaps you’ve received a request from your customers and you don’t know which way to turn.
Hopefully we can help. We’ve teamed up with consultant David Birnbaum who’s agreed to share his advice and opinions on any queries we receive. And the answers will be published here on just-style.
To get the ball rolling, we’re kicking off with David’s feedback on operating a small and medium size factory in an industry dominated by multi-national giants. Click on the following link to read more: COMMENT: SME survival in a world of giants
If you’d like David to consider your own question, please click here to email me and I’ll pass the message on.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
Online retail giant Amazon is making its move on the Middle East with the acquisition of Dubai-based online shopping retailer Souq.com....
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack