Blog: Boom in busts
Leonie Barrie | 17 July 2006
More figures from La Senza – the lingerie chain which has recently changed hands – but this time of the cup-size variety. It says the average bra size in the UK is now a 36C, compared to the smaller 34B chest ten years ago, and that there has been a 30% rise in demand for bras with cup sizes of DD and above in the last three years. It's not just women’s naturally fuller and curvier figures that are behind the trend; apparently booming demand for breast surgery is the main cause of these swelling sizes. But maybe there’s another reason too. Now that more and more women are being properly fitted for their bras, many are finding they need to go up a cup size – which could also be behind the surge in bigger bras.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack