Blog: Boom in busts
Leonie Barrie | 17 July 2006
More figures from La Senza – the lingerie chain which has recently changed hands – but this time of the cup-size variety. It says the average bra size in the UK is now a 36C, compared to the smaller 34B chest ten years ago, and that there has been a 30% rise in demand for bras with cup sizes of DD and above in the last three years. It's not just women’s naturally fuller and curvier figures that are behind the trend; apparently booming demand for breast surgery is the main cause of these swelling sizes. But maybe there’s another reason too. Now that more and more women are being properly fitted for their bras, many are finding they need to go up a cup size – which could also be behind the surge in bigger bras.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022