Blog: Brand bubble bursts
Leonie Barrie | 30 November 2006
Interesting comments from Morgan Stanley, which predicts that the profit margins of eight branded apparel makers are near a peak and sales will decline by 2008 as the cost benefits from outsourcing come to an end. The investment bank, which covers companies including Polo Ralph Lauren, VF Corp, Columbia Sportswear and Liz Claiborne, said the US apparel industry has benefited from $30bn in savings by sourcing product overseas – but with the US facing import saturation and a slowdown in the rate of import price erosion, “the industry needs to find a new cost lever to keep prices low and demand high, or else sacrifice demand, margin or both.”
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022