Blog: Bright ideas
Leonie Barrie | 26 May 2005
Searching Authenticity; Maverick Leadership; LiveStrong; I have to believe in ME & The Power of ME; Transparency & Trust.
Take note...you’re likely to be more influenced by these seemingly random terms than you might think. They are in fact the top 5 ‘Consumer Passions’ voted in by delegates at a recent Style-Vision Round Table which tried to identify the drivers of consumer behaviour over the next five years. Other new and upcoming passions apparently include "Courtship - the consumer wants to be seduced", "Societal Actualisation - the next step after Self Actualisation" and "Modern Craft."
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate through the trend direction process; after all it’s not so much a tangible business idea that’s being explored as more a ‘feeling’ for the subtle shift in consumption and managerial practices. But of course there’s a lot of money at stake for those firms that get it wrong, so Style-Vision's Round Tables are usually in great demand – boosted, no doubt, by the fact that the brainstorming sessions take place over two-and-a-half days at the Royal Riviera Hotel in Cap Ferrat, Cote d'Azur.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar