Blog: Bright ideas
Leonie Barrie | 26 May 2005
Searching Authenticity; Maverick Leadership; LiveStrong; I have to believe in ME & The Power of ME; Transparency & Trust.
Take note...you’re likely to be more influenced by these seemingly random terms than you might think. They are in fact the top 5 ‘Consumer Passions’ voted in by delegates at a recent Style-Vision Round Table which tried to identify the drivers of consumer behaviour over the next five years. Other new and upcoming passions apparently include "Courtship - the consumer wants to be seduced", "Societal Actualisation - the next step after Self Actualisation" and "Modern Craft."
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate through the trend direction process; after all it’s not so much a tangible business idea that’s being explored as more a ‘feeling’ for the subtle shift in consumption and managerial practices. But of course there’s a lot of money at stake for those firms that get it wrong, so Style-Vision's Round Tables are usually in great demand – boosted, no doubt, by the fact that the brainstorming sessions take place over two-and-a-half days at the Royal Riviera Hotel in Cap Ferrat, Cote d'Azur.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective