Blog: Bright ideas
Leonie Barrie | 26 May 2005
Searching Authenticity; Maverick Leadership; LiveStrong; I have to believe in ME & The Power of ME; Transparency & Trust.
Take note...you’re likely to be more influenced by these seemingly random terms than you might think. They are in fact the top 5 ‘Consumer Passions’ voted in by delegates at a recent Style-Vision Round Table which tried to identify the drivers of consumer behaviour over the next five years. Other new and upcoming passions apparently include "Courtship - the consumer wants to be seduced", "Societal Actualisation - the next step after Self Actualisation" and "Modern Craft."
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate through the trend direction process; after all it’s not so much a tangible business idea that’s being explored as more a ‘feeling’ for the subtle shift in consumption and managerial practices. But of course there’s a lot of money at stake for those firms that get it wrong, so Style-Vision's Round Tables are usually in great demand – boosted, no doubt, by the fact that the brainstorming sessions take place over two-and-a-half days at the Royal Riviera Hotel in Cap Ferrat, Cote d'Azur.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective