Blog: Bright ideas
Leonie Barrie | 26 May 2005
Searching Authenticity; Maverick Leadership; LiveStrong; I have to believe in ME & The Power of ME; Transparency & Trust.
Take note...you’re likely to be more influenced by these seemingly random terms than you might think. They are in fact the top 5 ‘Consumer Passions’ voted in by delegates at a recent Style-Vision Round Table which tried to identify the drivers of consumer behaviour over the next five years. Other new and upcoming passions apparently include "Courtship - the consumer wants to be seduced", "Societal Actualisation - the next step after Self Actualisation" and "Modern Craft."
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate through the trend direction process; after all it’s not so much a tangible business idea that’s being explored as more a ‘feeling’ for the subtle shift in consumption and managerial practices. But of course there’s a lot of money at stake for those firms that get it wrong, so Style-Vision's Round Tables are usually in great demand – boosted, no doubt, by the fact that the brainstorming sessions take place over two-and-a-half days at the Royal Riviera Hotel in Cap Ferrat, Cote d'Azur.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022