Blog: Bright ideas
Leonie Barrie | 26 May 2005
Searching Authenticity; Maverick Leadership; LiveStrong; I have to believe in ME & The Power of ME; Transparency & Trust.
Take note...you’re likely to be more influenced by these seemingly random terms than you might think. They are in fact the top 5 ‘Consumer Passions’ voted in by delegates at a recent Style-Vision Round Table which tried to identify the drivers of consumer behaviour over the next five years. Other new and upcoming passions apparently include "Courtship - the consumer wants to be seduced", "Societal Actualisation - the next step after Self Actualisation" and "Modern Craft."
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate through the trend direction process; after all it’s not so much a tangible business idea that’s being explored as more a ‘feeling’ for the subtle shift in consumption and managerial practices. But of course there’s a lot of money at stake for those firms that get it wrong, so Style-Vision's Round Tables are usually in great demand – boosted, no doubt, by the fact that the brainstorming sessions take place over two-and-a-half days at the Royal Riviera Hotel in Cap Ferrat, Cote d'Azur.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020