Blog: British Fashion Awards
Leonie Barrie | 11 December 2009
Luxury goods group Burberry continues to pull away from its competitors after scooping two top accolades at this week’s British Fashion Awards.
Chief creative officer Christopher Bailey won the 2009 Designer of the Year prize, while the company also won Brand of the Year at the ceremony held at The Royal Courts of Justice in London on Wednesday night.
It’s probably no coincidence that the firm is also bucking financial trends after posting better than expected second-quarter revenues last month, helped by demand for handbags and leather goods. It also set ambitious targets for the next three years, including growth in children’s wear and in China.
Other leading fashion figures also honoured at the 2009 British Fashion Awards included Kim Jones, creative director for Dunhill, who was named Menswear Designer; and Christopher Kane as BFC British Collection of the Year.
John Galliano received the award for Outstanding Achievement in Fashion Design in recognition for his extraordinary career from his graduate collection through to his most recent work at Givenchy and Christian Dior.
And the Swarovski Emerging Talent Awards for Ready-to-Wear and Accessories went to Peter Pilotto who won the Ready to Wear award and Holly Fulton who collected the award for Accessories.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack