Blog: Burberry bags two British fashion awards
Katie Smith | 3 December 2013
Bailey was awarded menswear designer of the year for Burberry
Burberry won two awards at this year's British Fashion Awards. The luxury brand was awarded designer brand of the year, while newly-appointed CEO Christopher Bailey was named menswear designer of the year.
The event, which took place last night (2 December), was organised by the British Fashion Council (BFC).
The womenswear designer of the year accolade was awarded to Christopher Kane, while the honour of outstanding achievement in fashion was given to Terry and Tricia Jones. The newly-created international designer of the year award, meanwhile, went to Miuccia Prada for Prada.
Lady Amanda Harlech received the Isabella Blow award for fashion creator, in recognition of her creative inspiration and influence in the fashion industry.
Nicholas Kirkwood was named accessory designer of the year, Simone Rocha was awarded emerging womenswear designer, and design duo Agi & Sam received the emerging menswear designer award. The emerging accessory designer of the year was given to Sophia Webster for her footwear label.
In addition, JW Anderson was named the new establishment designer for 2013.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
The European Union (EU) is being urged to adopt a roadmap for Sri Lanka with time-bound measures to comply with core labour conventions before it can regain GSP+ beneficiary status. ...
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack