Blog: Burberry bags two British fashion awards
Katie Smith | 3 December 2013
Bailey was awarded menswear designer of the year for Burberry
Burberry won two awards at this year's British Fashion Awards. The luxury brand was awarded designer brand of the year, while newly-appointed CEO Christopher Bailey was named menswear designer of the year.
The event, which took place last night (2 December), was organised by the British Fashion Council (BFC).
The womenswear designer of the year accolade was awarded to Christopher Kane, while the honour of outstanding achievement in fashion was given to Terry and Tricia Jones. The newly-created international designer of the year award, meanwhile, went to Miuccia Prada for Prada.
Lady Amanda Harlech received the Isabella Blow award for fashion creator, in recognition of her creative inspiration and influence in the fashion industry.
Nicholas Kirkwood was named accessory designer of the year, Simone Rocha was awarded emerging womenswear designer, and design duo Agi & Sam received the emerging menswear designer award. The emerging accessory designer of the year was given to Sophia Webster for her footwear label.
In addition, JW Anderson was named the new establishment designer for 2013.
The election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States casts a shadow of uncertainty over the textile and apparel sector, with his promises to tear up US trade agreements, impose tari...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
A new initiative has been launched to digitalise the fashion supply chains of at least 100 European companies to improve product traceability, time to market, warehouse management and data exchange....
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Branded apparel and accessories maker G-III Apparel Group has tapped Ralph Lauren's Barbara Kennedy as its president-wholesale-design, merchandising and sales for Donna Karan, following its US$650m ac...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022