Blog: Burberry bags two British fashion awards
Katie Smith | 3 December 2013
Bailey was awarded menswear designer of the year for Burberry
Burberry won two awards at this year's British Fashion Awards. The luxury brand was awarded designer brand of the year, while newly-appointed CEO Christopher Bailey was named menswear designer of the year.
The event, which took place last night (2 December), was organised by the British Fashion Council (BFC).
The womenswear designer of the year accolade was awarded to Christopher Kane, while the honour of outstanding achievement in fashion was given to Terry and Tricia Jones. The newly-created international designer of the year award, meanwhile, went to Miuccia Prada for Prada.
Lady Amanda Harlech received the Isabella Blow award for fashion creator, in recognition of her creative inspiration and influence in the fashion industry.
Nicholas Kirkwood was named accessory designer of the year, Simone Rocha was awarded emerging womenswear designer, and design duo Agi & Sam received the emerging menswear designer award. The emerging accessory designer of the year was given to Sophia Webster for her footwear label.
In addition, JW Anderson was named the new establishment designer for 2013.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why UK retailer Marks & Spencer is the top company for monitoring and reporting on modern slavery, how a potential minimum wage in Vietn...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020