Blog: 'Burn before reading'
Joe Ayling | 1 March 2011
just-style attended the Verdict Research customer satisfaction awards in London today (1 March), and also learned there is time for humour even in the heat of battle.
Although the winning retailers cannot yet be revealed, Verdict's poll of 6,000 consumers has in past years awarded good service and value.
This year's event was held at Churchill War Rooms in Westminster, with representatives from leading high street players in attendance.
However, just-style readers will have to wait until tomorrow to find out who swooped respective awards for clothing and footwear retail markets.
Indeed, one exhibit at the museum - written as a joke by military officers during the World War II - summed up the media embargo perfectly. 'Burn before reading,' it began.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack