Blog: 'Burn before reading'
Joe Ayling | 1 March 2011
just-style attended the Verdict Research customer satisfaction awards in London today (1 March), and also learned there is time for humour even in the heat of battle.
Although the winning retailers cannot yet be revealed, Verdict's poll of 6,000 consumers has in past years awarded good service and value.
This year's event was held at Churchill War Rooms in Westminster, with representatives from leading high street players in attendance.
However, just-style readers will have to wait until tomorrow to find out who swooped respective awards for clothing and footwear retail markets.
Indeed, one exhibit at the museum - written as a joke by military officers during the World War II - summed up the media embargo perfectly. 'Burn before reading,' it began.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022