Blog: 'Burn before reading'
Joe Ayling | 1 March 2011
just-style attended the Verdict Research customer satisfaction awards in London today (1 March), and also learned there is time for humour even in the heat of battle.
Although the winning retailers cannot yet be revealed, Verdict's poll of 6,000 consumers has in past years awarded good service and value.
This year's event was held at Churchill War Rooms in Westminster, with representatives from leading high street players in attendance.
However, just-style readers will have to wait until tomorrow to find out who swooped respective awards for clothing and footwear retail markets.
Indeed, one exhibit at the museum - written as a joke by military officers during the World War II - summed up the media embargo perfectly. 'Burn before reading,' it began.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar