Blog: Burnt by a bikini
Leonie Barrie | 7 March 2007
We’re probably all too familiar with the burgeoning compensation culture that more often than not prevails in the place of common sense. But here’s a new one. A woman in New York woman is suing Victoria's Secret for negligence over the metal hoops in their swimsuits.
The $2m lawsuit claims Dawn Giugliano has been left permanently scarred after laying out in the sun in one of the popular lingerie company's swimsuits. Giugliano said she "was using the bathing suit as intended" and "was seriously injured" when the metal ring that held the suit's top cups together was super heated and burned a bull's-eye like circle in the middle of her chest. "You think they'd realise that people would wear this in the sun," the lawyer behind the case told The New York Times.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar