Blog: Burnt by a bikini
Leonie Barrie | 7 March 2007
We’re probably all too familiar with the burgeoning compensation culture that more often than not prevails in the place of common sense. But here’s a new one. A woman in New York woman is suing Victoria's Secret for negligence over the metal hoops in their swimsuits.
The $2m lawsuit claims Dawn Giugliano has been left permanently scarred after laying out in the sun in one of the popular lingerie company's swimsuits. Giugliano said she "was using the bathing suit as intended" and "was seriously injured" when the metal ring that held the suit's top cups together was super heated and burned a bull's-eye like circle in the middle of her chest. "You think they'd realise that people would wear this in the sun," the lawyer behind the case told The New York Times.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022