Blog: Can Facebook page lure H&M to Peckham?
Leonie Barrie | 18 February 2009
Shoppers in the London area of Peckham have set up a Facebook page rallying for Swedish fast fashion chain H&M to hit their high street.
Peckham, which was the setting for iconic British comedy Only Fools and Horses, is one of the UK's many high streets with a large Woolworths store lying empty at the moment.
The Facebook page, called H&M 4 the old Woolworths store in Peckham!!!, has compiled a list of ten reasons why H&M's cheap chic should come to Peckham's 'Golden Mile'.
The list includes the names of 21 high street retailers already in business in Peckham, including Primark, travel statistics for the area, and cultural trivia.
The group's creator, Phil Bale, chairman of area's Evolution Quarter Residents' Association, has been urging the group's 151 members (not all from Peckham, or even the UK, it must be noted) to contact H&M to tell them 'how well a H&M would do in Peckham'.
It will be interesting to see who eventually resides at the old Woolworths store, and whether the social networking approach will encourage H&M to follow Primark to Peckham.
By Zoe Burke.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack