Blog: Can Facebook page lure H&M to Peckham?
Leonie Barrie | 18 February 2009
Shoppers in the London area of Peckham have set up a Facebook page rallying for Swedish fast fashion chain H&M to hit their high street.
Peckham, which was the setting for iconic British comedy Only Fools and Horses, is one of the UK's many high streets with a large Woolworths store lying empty at the moment.
The Facebook page, called H&M 4 the old Woolworths store in Peckham!!!, has compiled a list of ten reasons why H&M's cheap chic should come to Peckham's 'Golden Mile'.
The list includes the names of 21 high street retailers already in business in Peckham, including Primark, travel statistics for the area, and cultural trivia.
The group's creator, Phil Bale, chairman of area's Evolution Quarter Residents' Association, has been urging the group's 151 members (not all from Peckham, or even the UK, it must be noted) to contact H&M to tell them 'how well a H&M would do in Peckham'.
It will be interesting to see who eventually resides at the old Woolworths store, and whether the social networking approach will encourage H&M to follow Primark to Peckham.
By Zoe Burke.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022