Blog: Can Facebook page lure H&M to Peckham?
Leonie Barrie | 18 February 2009
Shoppers in the London area of Peckham have set up a Facebook page rallying for Swedish fast fashion chain H&M to hit their high street.
Peckham, which was the setting for iconic British comedy Only Fools and Horses, is one of the UK's many high streets with a large Woolworths store lying empty at the moment.
The Facebook page, called H&M 4 the old Woolworths store in Peckham!!!, has compiled a list of ten reasons why H&M's cheap chic should come to Peckham's 'Golden Mile'.
The list includes the names of 21 high street retailers already in business in Peckham, including Primark, travel statistics for the area, and cultural trivia.
The group's creator, Phil Bale, chairman of area's Evolution Quarter Residents' Association, has been urging the group's 151 members (not all from Peckham, or even the UK, it must be noted) to contact H&M to tell them 'how well a H&M would do in Peckham'.
It will be interesting to see who eventually resides at the old Woolworths store, and whether the social networking approach will encourage H&M to follow Primark to Peckham.
By Zoe Burke.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores