Blog: Celebrity clothing auction
Leonie Barrie | 26 April 2007
If you’ve ever fancied owning Elton’s suit, Sienna’s shoes or Corinne Bailey Rae’s dress, then now’s your chance. Earlier this week Oxfam launched its biggest ever celebrity and public auction to help raise money for its GBP5m appeal for Darfur and Chad – and the stars have donated items which you can now bid for on eBay. Elton John’s Versace designed tailor-made suit specially made by Donatella Versace, which Elton wore to his White Tie and Tiara Ball currently stands at GBP264.00, while a pair of gold Roger Vivier shoes signed by actress Sienna Miller are at GBP122.00. There is still a week to go before the auctions end, so why not help the charity and boost your wardrobe at the same time?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts