Blog: Celebrity clothing auction
Leonie Barrie | 26 April 2007
If you’ve ever fancied owning Elton’s suit, Sienna’s shoes or Corinne Bailey Rae’s dress, then now’s your chance. Earlier this week Oxfam launched its biggest ever celebrity and public auction to help raise money for its GBP5m appeal for Darfur and Chad – and the stars have donated items which you can now bid for on eBay. Elton John’s Versace designed tailor-made suit specially made by Donatella Versace, which Elton wore to his White Tie and Tiara Ball currently stands at GBP264.00, while a pair of gold Roger Vivier shoes signed by actress Sienna Miller are at GBP122.00. There is still a week to go before the auctions end, so why not help the charity and boost your wardrobe at the same time?
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020