Blog: Cereal blogger
Joe Ayling | 21 April 2011
UK fashion designer Ted Baker has designed the latest 'Little Red Dress' - used in iconic adverts by cereal brand Special K and featuring in the just-style blog a year ago.
Last year it was clothing retailer Marks and Spencer that launched a version of the trademark dress, as blogged in in April 2010.
It comes as no surprise that fashion brands are clamoring to be associated with Special K, with Kellogg saying it is the largest cereal brand in the UK with sales of over GBP120m (US$199m).
Kellogg, meanwhile, is also backing the reputation of Ted Baker, by throwing GBP1m into a marketing campaign for the dress it calls Betsi.
The dresses are being sold at Ted Baker stores and on websites operated by Special K owner Kellogg. Special K is also giving away a collection of sophisticated Ted Baker handbags through competitions, a statement said.
Craig Smith, brand communication director at Ted Baker, said: "The tie-up is an excellent fit giving us a great opportunity to showcase our women's wear and further develop our relationships with Special K's female audience."
It remains to be seen whether this 'cereal blogging' will continue, or whether cereal fashion makes the transition from breakfast table to catwalk.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts