Blog: Cereal blogger
Joe Ayling | 21 April 2011
UK fashion designer Ted Baker has designed the latest 'Little Red Dress' - used in iconic adverts by cereal brand Special K and featuring in the just-style blog a year ago.
Last year it was clothing retailer Marks and Spencer that launched a version of the trademark dress, as blogged in in April 2010.
It comes as no surprise that fashion brands are clamoring to be associated with Special K, with Kellogg saying it is the largest cereal brand in the UK with sales of over GBP120m (US$199m).
Kellogg, meanwhile, is also backing the reputation of Ted Baker, by throwing GBP1m into a marketing campaign for the dress it calls Betsi.
The dresses are being sold at Ted Baker stores and on websites operated by Special K owner Kellogg. Special K is also giving away a collection of sophisticated Ted Baker handbags through competitions, a statement said.
Craig Smith, brand communication director at Ted Baker, said: "The tie-up is an excellent fit giving us a great opportunity to showcase our women's wear and further develop our relationships with Special K's female audience."
It remains to be seen whether this 'cereal blogging' will continue, or whether cereal fashion makes the transition from breakfast table to catwalk.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack