Blog: Cereal blogger
Joe Ayling | 21 April 2011
UK fashion designer Ted Baker has designed the latest 'Little Red Dress' - used in iconic adverts by cereal brand Special K and featuring in the just-style blog a year ago.
Last year it was clothing retailer Marks and Spencer that launched a version of the trademark dress, as blogged in in April 2010.
It comes as no surprise that fashion brands are clamoring to be associated with Special K, with Kellogg saying it is the largest cereal brand in the UK with sales of over GBP120m (US$199m).
Kellogg, meanwhile, is also backing the reputation of Ted Baker, by throwing GBP1m into a marketing campaign for the dress it calls Betsi.
The dresses are being sold at Ted Baker stores and on websites operated by Special K owner Kellogg. Special K is also giving away a collection of sophisticated Ted Baker handbags through competitions, a statement said.
Craig Smith, brand communication director at Ted Baker, said: "The tie-up is an excellent fit giving us a great opportunity to showcase our women's wear and further develop our relationships with Special K's female audience."
It remains to be seen whether this 'cereal blogging' will continue, or whether cereal fashion makes the transition from breakfast table to catwalk.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack