Blog: China Rich List
Leonie Barrie | 4 March 2008
It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Chinese textile entrepreneurs are among the wealthiest people in the country. According to the 2007 China Rich List compiled by Hurun Report, the ‘Luxury Business Portal,’ China’s richest have reaped windfalls from a sharp hike in property prices and the burgeoning Chinese stock markets, which have continued to rise despite the summer’s jitters around the rest of the world.
The annual report also claims that mainland China now has more US dollar billionaires than any country other than the US.
Topping the textile rich list is Gao Dekang, president of down garment maker Bosideng. He is the richest person in the country's textile industry, and the 32nd richest person in China. Ding Shizhong, chairman of textile manufacturer Anta comes in at 40th place, and Chen Yihong, owner of sports apparel maker China Dongxiang, ranks 50th in the wealth stakes.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022