Blog: China Rich List
Leonie Barrie | 4 March 2008
It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Chinese textile entrepreneurs are among the wealthiest people in the country. According to the 2007 China Rich List compiled by Hurun Report, the ‘Luxury Business Portal,’ China’s richest have reaped windfalls from a sharp hike in property prices and the burgeoning Chinese stock markets, which have continued to rise despite the summer’s jitters around the rest of the world.
The annual report also claims that mainland China now has more US dollar billionaires than any country other than the US.
Topping the textile rich list is Gao Dekang, president of down garment maker Bosideng. He is the richest person in the country's textile industry, and the 32nd richest person in China. Ding Shizhong, chairman of textile manufacturer Anta comes in at 40th place, and Chen Yihong, owner of sports apparel maker China Dongxiang, ranks 50th in the wealth stakes.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts