Blog: China’s Pakistani partners
Leonie Barrie | 6 December 2004
The Chinese juggernaut won’t be stopped by safeguard action in the event of over-shipment during the WTO quota-free regime it seems. Ever resourceful, China is negotiating to export fashion apparel to the US market via Pakistan, with newspaper reports suggesting that a formal agreement will be signed by Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz during his forthcoming visit to China. The arrangement will involve Pakistan’s technology and technical staff and will cover categories that Pakistan has not been able to fully utilise. Of course the reach of Chinese businesses already extends well beyond the country itself, but will this now herald a new wave of new limits on textile and clothing imports I wonder?
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar