Blog: Clooney takes on fashion show
Joe Ayling | 7 July 2010
When describing your latest fashion range as 'get the Coleen look' or 'Beckham would be proud to wear it', beware of the possible consequences.
According to this report, fans of Hollywood star George Clooney are expected to arrive in their droves to an Italian court where he will claim his own name was used incorrectly.
The allegation is that Clooney's name was used to promote a fashion show and a line of clothing by three Italian fashionistas without the actor's consent.
They have reportedly been charged with forgery, fraud and possession of stolen goods, in a story line that would rival some of Clooney's best films.
Whether the events in Milan inspire the making of 'Ocean's Three' remains to be seen - we'll see who wins first.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report