Blog: Clothing on the McDonald’s menu
Leonie Barrie | 14 November 2003
Perhaps I’m too cynical for my own good, but I’m not completely taken in by the company’s claim that the new initiative is meant to unify all retail licensed products under one brand or “trustmark.” Instead, it looks like a clever way to keep the McDonald’s name at the forefront of kids' minds; a kind of ‘hook them while they’re young, and our future customer base is assured,’ approach.
They’ve even thought of an answer to the healthy lifestyle lobby which has been clamouring for children to eat less fast-food. McDonald’s says it will be launching products such as interactive books and videos that are designed to "get kids on their feet." But what it conveniently forgets to add is that these activities will also help kids build up an appetite - for their next Happy Meal perhaps?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar