Blog: Coach eyes China
Leonie Barrie | 21 January 2010
China is the big opportunity for Coach, where current performance is outstripping even the company's own strong expectations.
Here’s what the company’s CEO Lew Frankfort told analysts about the country where its 37 stores are seeing impressive double-digit growth.
“The Chinese consumer loves Coach. She rates us highly on all of the attributes she values such as fashion, sophistication, quality, and value and as our awareness increases her future purchase intent is holding among those who have not yet purchased Coach.
“And among existing Coach China consumers, repurchase intent is surprisingly high at 94%, a higher level than we’ve experienced in the US or Japan.”
A recent study by consulting firm Bain & Co predicts China’s luxury sales grew between 15% and 20% last year, while other figures forecast the spending power of Chinese women alone will reach US$216bn during the next decade.
The figures indicate enormous growth potential, so it's no wonder that Coach is accelerating its expansion plans as a result.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts