Blog: Cold snap leads to snood mania
Joe Ayling | 8 December 2010
A curiously-named variation of the scarf is sweeping across the UK as wimpy footballers try to stave off the cold weather.
The 'snood', which is pulled over the head rather than needing to be wrapped around the neck, is being adopted by sports 'men' and musicians alike.
During an unseasonably cold lead-up to Christmas in the UK, retailers like Gap and Next are stocking up on snoods big time. Just one click brings up dozens.
While snoods hold a certain appeal to me as a fashion accessory, they will not be making my Christmas list as a football item for a few reasons.
Firstly, I can see the snood doubling up as a kind of 'leash' while playing competitive sports at the rock-bottom level I do. Secondly, a grown man wearing a scarf while doing exercise can only lead to widespread laughter and verbal abuse too.
So while temptingly cosy, the snood is not the complete answer to Britain's big freeze chaos.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar