Blog: Cold snaps at sales
Leonie Barrie | 29 March 2006
Swedish retailer H&M is the latest to blame the unseasonable cold weather across Europe and the delayed start of Europe’s spring shopping season for denting its sales. The lure of lightweight summer stock definitely loses its appeal when pitched against grey skies and biting winds – even if the calendars do tell us that it’s officially spring.
Now that the sun’s starting to shine, though, retailers can look forward to an upturn in their fortunes. Not only is Easter later this year – traditionally the time when shoppers replenish their wardrobes, so thankfully spared from the cold snap – but blue skies and warn sunshine inevitably fuel the feelgood factor. And suddenly, winter is but a distant memory.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022