Blog: Congestion likely as Reebok launches new ad
Joe Ayling | 6 August 2010
Reebok's latest training shoe advert is causing quite a stir in British tabloids this week, as passing drivers slow down to take a look.
The huge billboard stars pin-up girl Kelly Brook wearing nothing but a pair of Reebok Easytone trainers.
At first the campaign attracted a spree of exposure, so to speak, as passers by and local snappers flooded to see the grand launch. Brook unveiled the first advert herself, appearing in aerobics gear and looking as if the Easytones were really doing the trick.
As the story develops though, the obvious driving hazards of splashing a horizontal, and basically naked, model across 40-foot billboards on the side of the road becomes apparent.
The Easytone concept has been Reebok's trump card in recent years, but will need to extend into more than just shoes for marketing reasons alone at this rate.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022