Blog: Congestion likely as Reebok launches new ad
Joe Ayling | 6 August 2010
Reebok's latest training shoe advert is causing quite a stir in British tabloids this week, as passing drivers slow down to take a look.
The huge billboard stars pin-up girl Kelly Brook wearing nothing but a pair of Reebok Easytone trainers.
At first the campaign attracted a spree of exposure, so to speak, as passers by and local snappers flooded to see the grand launch. Brook unveiled the first advert herself, appearing in aerobics gear and looking as if the Easytones were really doing the trick.
As the story develops though, the obvious driving hazards of splashing a horizontal, and basically naked, model across 40-foot billboards on the side of the road becomes apparent.
The Easytone concept has been Reebok's trump card in recent years, but will need to extend into more than just shoes for marketing reasons alone at this rate.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack