Blog: Congestion likely as Reebok launches new ad
Joe Ayling | 6 August 2010
Reebok's latest training shoe advert is causing quite a stir in British tabloids this week, as passing drivers slow down to take a look.
The huge billboard stars pin-up girl Kelly Brook wearing nothing but a pair of Reebok Easytone trainers.
At first the campaign attracted a spree of exposure, so to speak, as passers by and local snappers flooded to see the grand launch. Brook unveiled the first advert herself, appearing in aerobics gear and looking as if the Easytones were really doing the trick.
As the story develops though, the obvious driving hazards of splashing a horizontal, and basically naked, model across 40-foot billboards on the side of the road becomes apparent.
The Easytone concept has been Reebok's trump card in recent years, but will need to extend into more than just shoes for marketing reasons alone at this rate.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022