Blog: Congestion likely as Reebok launches new ad
Joe Ayling | 6 August 2010
Reebok's latest training shoe advert is causing quite a stir in British tabloids this week, as passing drivers slow down to take a look.
The huge billboard stars pin-up girl Kelly Brook wearing nothing but a pair of Reebok Easytone trainers.
At first the campaign attracted a spree of exposure, so to speak, as passers by and local snappers flooded to see the grand launch. Brook unveiled the first advert herself, appearing in aerobics gear and looking as if the Easytones were really doing the trick.
As the story develops though, the obvious driving hazards of splashing a horizontal, and basically naked, model across 40-foot billboards on the side of the road becomes apparent.
The Easytone concept has been Reebok's trump card in recent years, but will need to extend into more than just shoes for marketing reasons alone at this rate.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar