Blog: Covering the fashion industry is child's play today
Joe Ayling | 16 September 2010
just-style has been invited to Kettering today (16 September) for an ASBCI seminar on the UK children's wear market.
On arriving at the destination, called Wicksteed Park, I was excited to see a theme park, circus tent and a performing stallion doing its morning exercise.
However, the venue for today's conference is inside the park's function room, where speakers will be discussing how fashion brands can succeed in the children's wear market.
The title for today's seminar, 'The Children's wear challenge - responding to a growing market', does not refer to the UK's child obesity issues, of course, but rather the size of the marketplace.
The changing shape and size of the nation's kids will be on the agenda though, along with social media and licensing.
Speakers for the day-long event include experts from Eskimosoup, Marks and Spencer and Alvanon, so look out for further coverage on just-style over the next few days.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar