Blog: Covering the fashion industry is child's play today
Joe Ayling | 16 September 2010
just-style has been invited to Kettering today (16 September) for an ASBCI seminar on the UK children's wear market.
On arriving at the destination, called Wicksteed Park, I was excited to see a theme park, circus tent and a performing stallion doing its morning exercise.
However, the venue for today's conference is inside the park's function room, where speakers will be discussing how fashion brands can succeed in the children's wear market.
The title for today's seminar, 'The Children's wear challenge - responding to a growing market', does not refer to the UK's child obesity issues, of course, but rather the size of the marketplace.
The changing shape and size of the nation's kids will be on the agenda though, along with social media and licensing.
Speakers for the day-long event include experts from Eskimosoup, Marks and Spencer and Alvanon, so look out for further coverage on just-style over the next few days.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts