Blog: Covering the fashion industry is child's play today
Joe Ayling | 16 September 2010
just-style has been invited to Kettering today (16 September) for an ASBCI seminar on the UK children's wear market.
On arriving at the destination, called Wicksteed Park, I was excited to see a theme park, circus tent and a performing stallion doing its morning exercise.
However, the venue for today's conference is inside the park's function room, where speakers will be discussing how fashion brands can succeed in the children's wear market.
The title for today's seminar, 'The Children's wear challenge - responding to a growing market', does not refer to the UK's child obesity issues, of course, but rather the size of the marketplace.
The changing shape and size of the nation's kids will be on the agenda though, along with social media and licensing.
Speakers for the day-long event include experts from Eskimosoup, Marks and Spencer and Alvanon, so look out for further coverage on just-style over the next few days.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack