Blog: Credit crunch brides head to Bhs
Joe Ayling | 14 January 2009
In times of economic hardship many brides will be looking to add something extra to the customary "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" - and that is something cheap.
Selling an entire bridal outfit including shoes for GBP100, it seems UK department store chain Bhs is ready to capitalise on a credit crunched UK wedding market.
Bhs' outfit consists of a Duchess satin bodice, A-line skirt and embellished shoes, and sees the chain headline the affordable wedding dress category alongside high street stores like Monsoon.
For most women, wedding dresses are often nearer to the bottom of the list when it comes to cutting back for the big day, but hats off to Bhs for trying.
It will be interesting to see if jewellers, florists, wedding planners and caterers follow suit.
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar