Blog: Crocs step out of the box
Leonie Barrie | 6 June 2007
Keen to establish itself as more than a one-hit wonder, Crocs has extended its line of phenomenally successful colourful plastic clogs into a full-blown footwear range featuring shoes and boots. Perhaps the only thing in common with the original line-up is the Croslite closed cell resin footbed, which gives the shoes their characteristic look as well as lightweight comfort. The upper materials are new to the brand – including lamb's wool, leather and suede – and the new prices of $149 to $299 a pair are a far cry from the $30 for Crocs’ standard shoes.
Crocs says the new designs show the evolution of its traditional clog into a full, fashion-focused line of comfort footwear. The company also talks about becoming a global lifestyle brand, and it could well be that its followers can’t get enough of a good thing. But its step into the fickle fashion arena also tellingly shows just how much the company needs to reduce its risk, to competitors unveiling similar product lines or waning popularity of its original shoe format.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack