Blog: Crocs step out of the box
Leonie Barrie | 6 June 2007
Keen to establish itself as more than a one-hit wonder, Crocs has extended its line of phenomenally successful colourful plastic clogs into a full-blown footwear range featuring shoes and boots. Perhaps the only thing in common with the original line-up is the Croslite closed cell resin footbed, which gives the shoes their characteristic look as well as lightweight comfort. The upper materials are new to the brand – including lamb's wool, leather and suede – and the new prices of $149 to $299 a pair are a far cry from the $30 for Crocs’ standard shoes.
Crocs says the new designs show the evolution of its traditional clog into a full, fashion-focused line of comfort footwear. The company also talks about becoming a global lifestyle brand, and it could well be that its followers can’t get enough of a good thing. But its step into the fickle fashion arena also tellingly shows just how much the company needs to reduce its risk, to competitors unveiling similar product lines or waning popularity of its original shoe format.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar