Blog: CSR survey
Leonie Barrie | 5 June 2007
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is one of the hottest issues in the fashion industry just now – but did you know there is no accurate measure by which companies can benchmark their views and performance against their competitors?
The first Global Survey of CSR activities in over 1,500 fashion and lifestyle companies from 10 countries is being conducted by CSR Asia and 3P and they’ve asked just-style to help in finding companies to participate in the study.
The results will be presented at the CSR Asia summit in November 2007, and should help companies evaluate and compare their strengths and weaknesses on social and environmental issues. The data will also provide a global snapshot of CSR in 2007, and benchmark individual companies against industry-wide perceptions and performance.
And in case you’re worried, all information will be kept strictly confidential and no company will be named in the public report.
Most importantly, the idea of the survey is not only to provide a one-time snapshot but is expected to be an annual exercise with an increasing number of participants.
To complete the CSR survey online, click here
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar