Blog: CSR survey
Leonie Barrie | 5 June 2007
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is one of the hottest issues in the fashion industry just now – but did you know there is no accurate measure by which companies can benchmark their views and performance against their competitors?
The first Global Survey of CSR activities in over 1,500 fashion and lifestyle companies from 10 countries is being conducted by CSR Asia and 3P and they’ve asked just-style to help in finding companies to participate in the study.
The results will be presented at the CSR Asia summit in November 2007, and should help companies evaluate and compare their strengths and weaknesses on social and environmental issues. The data will also provide a global snapshot of CSR in 2007, and benchmark individual companies against industry-wide perceptions and performance.
And in case you’re worried, all information will be kept strictly confidential and no company will be named in the public report.
Most importantly, the idea of the survey is not only to provide a one-time snapshot but is expected to be an annual exercise with an increasing number of participants.
To complete the CSR survey online, click here
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores