Blog: CSR survey
Leonie Barrie | 5 June 2007
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is one of the hottest issues in the fashion industry just now – but did you know there is no accurate measure by which companies can benchmark their views and performance against their competitors?
The first Global Survey of CSR activities in over 1,500 fashion and lifestyle companies from 10 countries is being conducted by CSR Asia and 3P and they’ve asked just-style to help in finding companies to participate in the study.
The results will be presented at the CSR Asia summit in November 2007, and should help companies evaluate and compare their strengths and weaknesses on social and environmental issues. The data will also provide a global snapshot of CSR in 2007, and benchmark individual companies against industry-wide perceptions and performance.
And in case you’re worried, all information will be kept strictly confidential and no company will be named in the public report.
Most importantly, the idea of the survey is not only to provide a one-time snapshot but is expected to be an annual exercise with an increasing number of participants.
To complete the CSR survey online, click here
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020