Blog: CSR survey
Leonie Barrie | 5 June 2007
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is one of the hottest issues in the fashion industry just now – but did you know there is no accurate measure by which companies can benchmark their views and performance against their competitors?
The first Global Survey of CSR activities in over 1,500 fashion and lifestyle companies from 10 countries is being conducted by CSR Asia and 3P and they’ve asked just-style to help in finding companies to participate in the study.
The results will be presented at the CSR Asia summit in November 2007, and should help companies evaluate and compare their strengths and weaknesses on social and environmental issues. The data will also provide a global snapshot of CSR in 2007, and benchmark individual companies against industry-wide perceptions and performance.
And in case you’re worried, all information will be kept strictly confidential and no company will be named in the public report.
Most importantly, the idea of the survey is not only to provide a one-time snapshot but is expected to be an annual exercise with an increasing number of participants.
To complete the CSR survey online, click here
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022