Blog: Dance into 2012 with Tangerine Tango
Leonie Barrie | 9 December 2011
Now that another rollercoaster of a year is nearly over, you might want to know that 'Honeysuckle' helped us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigour. And next year, 'Tangerine Tango,' a spirited reddish orange, will help us on our way by continuing to provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward.
At least, that's according to colour specialist Pantone, which has decided that Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango, "a vivacious, enticing hue," is the colour of the year for 2012.
"Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it," says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. "Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy."
A provocative attention-getter, the colour is especially appealing in men's and women's fashion - and has already been picked up by designers Tommy Hilfiger, Nanette Lepore, Cynthia Steffe by Shaun Kearney, Elie Tahari and Adrienne Vittadini in their spring collections. A fun, lively take on a traditional autumnal hue, Pantone is also betting that Tangerine Tango will carry through to autumn lines as well.
In case earlier forecasts passed you by, here's a quick reminder of the colourful highlights of the last decade or so:
- Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- Pantone 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- Pantone 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- Pantone 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- Pantone 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- Pantone 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- Pantone 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- Pantone 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- Pantone 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- Pantone 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- Pantone 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022