Blog: Demise of the shoe-box?
Joe Ayling | 13 April 2010
It is not every day an invite to the launch of a shoe-box comes through the post, but sustainability is driving all aspects of design these days.
just-style was in London today (13 April) for a glimpse of Puma's latest packaging, which is designed to cut the company's carbon 'pawprint'.
The sporting goods firm is looking to re-invent the packaging of its footwear by next year, and reduce its paper usage by 65% in the process.
Its “clever little bag” is lighter and greener than its current shoe-boxes, and can be taken away by the customer at the end of the supply chain.
It may be a little strong to describe industrial designer Yves Béhar's new packaging as an invention, but it is certainly an improvement.
Fear not though shoe-box lovers, because the new design still uses a sheet of cardboard for protection during transit, which could just about be used to store those hidden household gems.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Top stories this week on just-style include a closer look at what's at stake with Trump's promises to tear up US trade agreements - thanks to a special infographic powered by re:source from just-style...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022