Blog: Demise of the shoe-box?
Joe Ayling | 13 April 2010
It is not every day an invite to the launch of a shoe-box comes through the post, but sustainability is driving all aspects of design these days.
just-style was in London today (13 April) for a glimpse of Puma's latest packaging, which is designed to cut the company's carbon 'pawprint'.
The sporting goods firm is looking to re-invent the packaging of its footwear by next year, and reduce its paper usage by 65% in the process.
Its “clever little bag” is lighter and greener than its current shoe-boxes, and can be taken away by the customer at the end of the supply chain.
It may be a little strong to describe industrial designer Yves Béhar's new packaging as an invention, but it is certainly an improvement.
Fear not though shoe-box lovers, because the new design still uses a sheet of cardboard for protection during transit, which could just about be used to store those hidden household gems.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Top stories this week on just-style include a look at why modern robotics eludes sportswear makers, why traditional financing is a misfit for fashion, and an interview with the CEO of Israel-based tai...
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media....
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
Swiss running shoe company On Running has invested in a field testing mobile app to drive product innovation and performance....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack