Blog: Demise of the shoe-box?
Joe Ayling | 13 April 2010
It is not every day an invite to the launch of a shoe-box comes through the post, but sustainability is driving all aspects of design these days.
just-style was in London today (13 April) for a glimpse of Puma's latest packaging, which is designed to cut the company's carbon 'pawprint'.
The sporting goods firm is looking to re-invent the packaging of its footwear by next year, and reduce its paper usage by 65% in the process.
Its “clever little bag” is lighter and greener than its current shoe-boxes, and can be taken away by the customer at the end of the supply chain.
It may be a little strong to describe industrial designer Yves Béhar's new packaging as an invention, but it is certainly an improvement.
Fear not though shoe-box lovers, because the new design still uses a sheet of cardboard for protection during transit, which could just about be used to store those hidden household gems.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
Hong Kong-based Global Brands Group has inked a global licensing deal with Timberland to design, produce and distribute men's and women's soft and cold weather accessories....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report