Blog: Design a better Gap logo
Leonie Barrie | 14 October 2010
Gap hasn't revealed how much money it paid getting New York creative agency Laird and Partners to come up with its new, controversial and short-lived logo. But judging from some of the entries in the 'Design a better Gap logo' competition set up by graphic design marketplace 99designs.com, whatever it spent was a waste.
The online project was open for anyone to take part in, and received 4,660 submissions from over 1,000 designers in just 5 days. The winning design will be decided by community vote and presented to Gap's management in a gesture of goodwill, 99designs said.
Gap's logo redesign unleashed a torrent of criticism from designers and customers around the world. But there is surely something here from the design competition entries to keep even the most ardent critics happy.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020