Blog: Design a better Gap logo
Leonie Barrie | 14 October 2010
Gap hasn't revealed how much money it paid getting New York creative agency Laird and Partners to come up with its new, controversial and short-lived logo. But judging from some of the entries in the 'Design a better Gap logo' competition set up by graphic design marketplace 99designs.com, whatever it spent was a waste.
The online project was open for anyone to take part in, and received 4,660 submissions from over 1,000 designers in just 5 days. The winning design will be decided by community vote and presented to Gap's management in a gesture of goodwill, 99designs said.
Gap's logo redesign unleashed a torrent of criticism from designers and customers around the world. But there is surely something here from the design competition entries to keep even the most ardent critics happy.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022