Blog: Does my bum look big in this?
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2005
Most women spend their time trying to reduce the size of their bottom, let alone do just the opposite. So what’s the reasoning behind a new generation of functional underwear that features removable padding to give the wearer a much shaplier bottom? The Falke Contour Panty apparently took 18 months in research and development before being launched onto the market. And the philosophy behind the knickers is the increasing acceptance in the fashion world of different body shapes - and role models such as J.Lo who have provided an avenue for viewing the bottom in a different way. The way the pads are positioned, for example, emphasises the bottom and also the waist giving the wearer a better silhouette. It's an interesting idea - and one that hosiery makers have been experimenting with for some years now - and it'll be interesting to see whether or not it takes off!
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020