Blog: Does my bum look big in this?
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2005
Most women spend their time trying to reduce the size of their bottom, let alone do just the opposite. So what’s the reasoning behind a new generation of functional underwear that features removable padding to give the wearer a much shaplier bottom? The Falke Contour Panty apparently took 18 months in research and development before being launched onto the market. And the philosophy behind the knickers is the increasing acceptance in the fashion world of different body shapes - and role models such as J.Lo who have provided an avenue for viewing the bottom in a different way. The way the pads are positioned, for example, emphasises the bottom and also the waist giving the wearer a better silhouette. It's an interesting idea - and one that hosiery makers have been experimenting with for some years now - and it'll be interesting to see whether or not it takes off!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar