Blog: Does my bum look big in this?
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2005
Most women spend their time trying to reduce the size of their bottom, let alone do just the opposite. So what’s the reasoning behind a new generation of functional underwear that features removable padding to give the wearer a much shaplier bottom? The Falke Contour Panty apparently took 18 months in research and development before being launched onto the market. And the philosophy behind the knickers is the increasing acceptance in the fashion world of different body shapes - and role models such as J.Lo who have provided an avenue for viewing the bottom in a different way. The way the pads are positioned, for example, emphasises the bottom and also the waist giving the wearer a better silhouette. It's an interesting idea - and one that hosiery makers have been experimenting with for some years now - and it'll be interesting to see whether or not it takes off!
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar