Blog: 'Dry clean only' not the best fit for shoppers
Leonie Barrie | 21 January 2011
What don't women want to see when their shopping for clothes? Well apparently one of the biggest turn-offs is the phrase "dry clean only" on the care tag.
Indeed, the latest research from Mintel suggests three out of four female shoppers go out of their way to avoid items that require a trip to the cleaners, while 59% are loathe to buy garments that have to be hand washed separately. Women aged 65 and over are even more likely to steer clear of fashions that have to be hand washed separately.
Indeed, I can sympathise. Dry clean only or hand wash separately is another chore that most of us just don't have time for.
So, the eternal question: what do women want? Easy to mix and match separates, classic styles that don't go out of fashion, and items that don't have to be ironed top Mintel’s list.
Add in larger dressing rooms and faster checkout for long lines and you could have some very happy shoppers indeed.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack