Blog: 'Dry clean only' not the best fit for shoppers
Leonie Barrie | 21 January 2011
What don't women want to see when their shopping for clothes? Well apparently one of the biggest turn-offs is the phrase "dry clean only" on the care tag.
Indeed, the latest research from Mintel suggests three out of four female shoppers go out of their way to avoid items that require a trip to the cleaners, while 59% are loathe to buy garments that have to be hand washed separately. Women aged 65 and over are even more likely to steer clear of fashions that have to be hand washed separately.
Indeed, I can sympathise. Dry clean only or hand wash separately is another chore that most of us just don't have time for.
So, the eternal question: what do women want? Easy to mix and match separates, classic styles that don't go out of fashion, and items that don't have to be ironed top Mintel’s list.
Add in larger dressing rooms and faster checkout for long lines and you could have some very happy shoppers indeed.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report