Blog: 'Dry clean only' not the best fit for shoppers
Leonie Barrie | 21 January 2011
What don't women want to see when their shopping for clothes? Well apparently one of the biggest turn-offs is the phrase "dry clean only" on the care tag.
Indeed, the latest research from Mintel suggests three out of four female shoppers go out of their way to avoid items that require a trip to the cleaners, while 59% are loathe to buy garments that have to be hand washed separately. Women aged 65 and over are even more likely to steer clear of fashions that have to be hand washed separately.
Indeed, I can sympathise. Dry clean only or hand wash separately is another chore that most of us just don't have time for.
So, the eternal question: what do women want? Easy to mix and match separates, classic styles that don't go out of fashion, and items that don't have to be ironed top Mintel’s list.
Add in larger dressing rooms and faster checkout for long lines and you could have some very happy shoppers indeed.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar