Blog: Esprit launches vegan hantags
Katie Smith | 30 July 2014
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit is introducing vegan hangtags, in a bid to increase transparency in textile labelling and better inform conscious consumers.
Working with animal rights campaign group PETA, Esprit is piloting the vegan hangtag for its vegan shoes, and considering extending the programme in the future.
The PETA approved vegan shoes, which are made from eco-friendly faux leather and canvas, are available at select Esprit stores in Europe and online.
Esprit was last year awarded the PETA Vegan Fashion Award for its vegan trainer.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
The organisation of Germany's leading GDS footwear fair is being transferred from Messe Düsseldorf to the Igedo Company, with the upcoming event in February the last to be staged by its current owner....
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Trade unions are calling on Italian employers in the country's textile, garment, and footwear industries to return to the negotiating table and agree on the renewal of labour contracts for their worke...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Slip-resistant footwear firm Shoes For Crews (SFC) has named Timberland veteran, Jim O'Connor, as vice president and general manager of its Industrial business....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022