Blog: Ever taken clothes back after a night out?
Katie Smith | 1 April 2011
Research by shopping website VoucherCodes.co.uk has revealed that a shocking number of UK shoppers return clothes for a refund after wearing them the night before - 28% of people in fact.
More surprisingly, it's not women that are the biggest culprits, with almost a third (32%) of men doing this, compared to 25% of women. At least now we know how they get their fancy clothes from ladies.
Younger shoppers are the worst offenders as over a third (36%) of consumers between 18 and 24 admitted to taking outfits back to shops after wearing them on a night out.
Less surprisingly, more than one in ten of women conceals up to five clothing items in their wardrobe. Now I must admit, I may be guilty of this...
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report