Blog: Famous at last
Joe Ayling | 6 May 2011
It is not every day you wake up in Istanbul to find yourself the subject of a local newspaper report, but that's exactly what happened this morning.
Indeed, the presence of just-style at this year's Istanbul Fashion Apparel Conference has made page ten of Turkey's Milliyet newspaper.
Unfortunately, the article is in Turkish, but I'll be sure to bring it back to the UK with me and gloat to friends and family.
Having said that, I am hoping the article is complimentary and doesn't turn out to be lost in translation, like one of those Chinese symbol tattoos people get.
The headline reads 'Trend avcisi Ayling geliyor', which doesn't sound too bad, although I don't speak a word of Turkish.
Anyway, the final day of this week's conference includes a session on cotton prices, which have began to steady after more than doubling in the space of a year.
Being a major supplier of denim, both for export and domestic brands such as Mavi, Turkey's reliance on the cotton market is huge.
As if political tensions and strikes for higher wages by garment workers have not already caused enough disruption in Cambodia, new research has suggested they will continue to weigh on the country's ...
Beleaguered US department store retailer JC Penney is at last getting something right as it continues to try to turn around its business: its commitment to saving energy and fighting climate change....
The biggest news from just-style last week was the rollout of our new-look site. It has been redesigned to make it easier to find the key content that you need, whether you're reading it on a desktop ...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- C&A warns of supply crisis in organic cotton
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects