Blog: Famous at last
Joe Ayling | 6 May 2011
It is not every day you wake up in Istanbul to find yourself the subject of a local newspaper report, but that's exactly what happened this morning.
Indeed, the presence of just-style at this year's Istanbul Fashion Apparel Conference has made page ten of Turkey's Milliyet newspaper.
Unfortunately, the article is in Turkish, but I'll be sure to bring it back to the UK with me and gloat to friends and family.
Having said that, I am hoping the article is complimentary and doesn't turn out to be lost in translation, like one of those Chinese symbol tattoos people get.
The headline reads 'Trend avcisi Ayling geliyor', which doesn't sound too bad, although I don't speak a word of Turkish.
Anyway, the final day of this week's conference includes a session on cotton prices, which have began to steady after more than doubling in the space of a year.
Being a major supplier of denim, both for export and domestic brands such as Mavi, Turkey's reliance on the cotton market is huge.
As if retailers didn’t have enough to contend with as they try to get to grips with doing business in a digitally-connected omni-channel world, it seems the rise of the “selfie” is also beginning to i...
Britain’s Modern Slavery Act, which began coming into force at the end of July, sets new disclosure standards on an extraordinary number of garment businesses. But its legal niceties won’t really dete...
After the latest round of TPP talks failed to clinch a deal, the race is now on to secure an agreement before the US presidential elections halt progress. Trade ministers are scrambling to try and for...
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019