Blog: Famous at last
Joe Ayling | 6 May 2011
It is not every day you wake up in Istanbul to find yourself the subject of a local newspaper report, but that's exactly what happened this morning.
Indeed, the presence of just-style at this year's Istanbul Fashion Apparel Conference has made page ten of Turkey's Milliyet newspaper.
Unfortunately, the article is in Turkish, but I'll be sure to bring it back to the UK with me and gloat to friends and family.
Having said that, I am hoping the article is complimentary and doesn't turn out to be lost in translation, like one of those Chinese symbol tattoos people get.
The headline reads 'Trend avcisi Ayling geliyor', which doesn't sound too bad, although I don't speak a word of Turkish.
Anyway, the final day of this week's conference includes a session on cotton prices, which have began to steady after more than doubling in the space of a year.
Being a major supplier of denim, both for export and domestic brands such as Mavi, Turkey's reliance on the cotton market is huge.
A special event on ‘The Fit Factor – World class wisdom on fashion sizing and fit’ will bring together speakers from Marks & Spencer, Tesco, C&A and Debenhams in the UK next week....
A tentative agreement on a new five-year contract has been agreed for some 20,000 dockworkers at 29 US West Coast ports, ending nine months of discussions. The Pacific Maritime Association (PMA) and I...
As the threat of a US West Coast port shutdown looms, analysts already estimate the ongoing disruption could add an eye-watering US$36.9bn to costs over the next 24 months. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead