Blog: Fashion camp for teens
Leonie Barrie | 2 August 2006
Summer camps, an integral part of American culture, are changing. A new summer camp that began on Monday ditches the cabins, bugs and sing-a-longs and instead rolls out designer clothes and fashion books. And, of course, a desire to learn more about getting ahead in the fashion industry.
The brainwave of General Growth Properties, Cotton Incorporated and Seventeen Magazine, “Cotton’s Fashion Camp” provides fashion savvy teens with tips on learning how to style fashion, trend forecasting, fashion event marketing, the retail process, and fashion journalism. At the end of the week the campers will even put on a back-to-school fashion show. It’s certainly a one-of-a-kind experience for teens mulling a future career in the fashion industry, and a what a great way to nurture their interest and enthusiasm.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar