Blog: Fashion camp for teens
Leonie Barrie | 2 August 2006
Summer camps, an integral part of American culture, are changing. A new summer camp that began on Monday ditches the cabins, bugs and sing-a-longs and instead rolls out designer clothes and fashion books. And, of course, a desire to learn more about getting ahead in the fashion industry.
The brainwave of General Growth Properties, Cotton Incorporated and Seventeen Magazine, “Cotton’s Fashion Camp” provides fashion savvy teens with tips on learning how to style fashion, trend forecasting, fashion event marketing, the retail process, and fashion journalism. At the end of the week the campers will even put on a back-to-school fashion show. It’s certainly a one-of-a-kind experience for teens mulling a future career in the fashion industry, and a what a great way to nurture their interest and enthusiasm.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022