Blog: Fashion industry on Queen's Honours List
Petah Marian | 20 June 2012
The secretary of the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry (ASBCI), Stephanie Ingham, was among those in the industry awarded an MBE in Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
The ASBCI highlighted Ingham's 40 year career in the industry, where she has helped unite retailers, garment, manufacturers, componentry suppliers, textile testing houses, garment aftercare specliasts, fashion colleges and universities through the association.
Alexander McQueen creative director Sarah Burton, who designed the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress, was given an OBE for her services to the British Fashion Industry.
And Mulberry creative director Emma Hill was awarded an CBE for her services to the British Fashion Industry, while jewellery and accessories designer Lara Bohinc received an MBE.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022