Blog: Fashion industry on Queen's Honours List
Petah Marian | 20 June 2012
The secretary of the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry (ASBCI), Stephanie Ingham, was among those in the industry awarded an MBE in Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
The ASBCI highlighted Ingham's 40 year career in the industry, where she has helped unite retailers, garment, manufacturers, componentry suppliers, textile testing houses, garment aftercare specliasts, fashion colleges and universities through the association.
Alexander McQueen creative director Sarah Burton, who designed the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress, was given an OBE for her services to the British Fashion Industry.
And Mulberry creative director Emma Hill was awarded an CBE for her services to the British Fashion Industry, while jewellery and accessories designer Lara Bohinc received an MBE.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020