Blog: FCUK ditched
Leonie Barrie | 3 October 2005
So French Connection has decided to scale back the use of the FCUK logo and related slogans in response to the fact that “logos are no longer prevalent in fashion collections.” It wouldn’t have anything to do with a slump in sales by any chance would it? The logo and slogans such as ‘FCUK Fashion’ seemed a stroke of marketing genius when they were introduced in the late 90s, transforming a bland fashion line into something more edgy and controversial. But falling foul of the fact that you can have too much of a good thing, the latest marketing campaigns seem tired and unoriginal. Consumers obviously think so too; first-half profits plummeted to £5.1 mn from £16.2 mn a year earlier.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022