Blog: FCUK ditched
Leonie Barrie | 3 October 2005
So French Connection has decided to scale back the use of the FCUK logo and related slogans in response to the fact that “logos are no longer prevalent in fashion collections.” It wouldn’t have anything to do with a slump in sales by any chance would it? The logo and slogans such as ‘FCUK Fashion’ seemed a stroke of marketing genius when they were introduced in the late 90s, transforming a bland fashion line into something more edgy and controversial. But falling foul of the fact that you can have too much of a good thing, the latest marketing campaigns seem tired and unoriginal. Consumers obviously think so too; first-half profits plummeted to £5.1 mn from £16.2 mn a year earlier.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar