Blog: Flash fashion show launches UKFT awards
Petah Marian | 25 January 2013
A flash fashion show took place at St Pancras station on Tuesday night
Commuters at London's St Pancras station were surprised on Tuesday night as a flash fashion show took place to launch the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
The awards are set to take place on 23 May at One Mayfair. The awards mark a new partnership with NatWest and the ceremony, formerly known as the Export Awards, have been renamed the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
- UKFT Rise Newcomer Award
- Brand of the Year
- Designer Business of the Year
- Textile Business of the Year
- Accessories Business of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Let's Make it Here UK Manufacturer of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Outstanding achievement Award
The Awards are open to members and non-members of UKFT and can be entered at www.ukftawards.org. The deadline for entries is 8 March 2013.
Two separate calls came last week urging the various safety initiatives in Bangladesh to work more closely to coordinate their efforts - and for more input from the Bangladeshi government if the work ...
The explosive growth of the Bangladeshi ready-made garment industry is more likely to be accompanied by accusations of sweatshop exploitation from labour rights activists than praise for the positive ...
US retailers ramped up stocks for the start of the back-to-school season in July, pushing apparel imports for the month up by 13.4%, according to the latest data. But while China and Vietnam were the ...
US retail giant Gap Inc has made no secret of the fact that it faced - and continues to face - a number of compliance issues linked to its decision to start sourcing garments from Myanmar/Burma....
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Fashion brands support Cambodia wage rise
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report