Blog: Flash fashion show launches UKFT awards
Petah Marian | 25 January 2013
A flash fashion show took place at St Pancras station on Tuesday night
Commuters at London's St Pancras station were surprised on Tuesday night as a flash fashion show took place to launch the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
The awards are set to take place on 23 May at One Mayfair. The awards mark a new partnership with NatWest and the ceremony, formerly known as the Export Awards, have been renamed the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
- UKFT Rise Newcomer Award
- Brand of the Year
- Designer Business of the Year
- Textile Business of the Year
- Accessories Business of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Let's Make it Here UK Manufacturer of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Outstanding achievement Award
The Awards are open to members and non-members of UKFT and can be entered at www.ukftawards.org. The deadline for entries is 8 March 2013.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020