Blog: Flash fashion show launches UKFT awards
Petah Marian | 25 January 2013
A flash fashion show took place at St Pancras station on Tuesday night
Commuters at London's St Pancras station were surprised on Tuesday night as a flash fashion show took place to launch the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
The awards are set to take place on 23 May at One Mayfair. The awards mark a new partnership with NatWest and the ceremony, formerly known as the Export Awards, have been renamed the NatWest UK Fashion and Textile Awards 2013.
- UKFT Rise Newcomer Award
- Brand of the Year
- Designer Business of the Year
- Textile Business of the Year
- Accessories Business of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Let's Make it Here UK Manufacturer of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Outstanding achievement Award
The Awards are open to members and non-members of UKFT and can be entered at www.ukftawards.org. The deadline for entries is 8 March 2013.
Indian apparel exporters are seeking a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government, including export subsidies to offset import duties imposed by the...
The quest for deeper and deeper black dyes has long preoccupied the textile industry - but scientists in the UK now claim to have fashioned what may be the blackest material in the universe....
Despite forecasts suggesting US imports would continue to rise in May - in part to offset the threat of possible industrial action and disruption at major West Coast container ports this summer - the ...
Cambodia's Labor Advisory Committee (LAC), a government-led tripartite group, last week agreed the next minimum wage adjustment for garment workers, which will take effect on 1 January 2015....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies