Blog: Flip-flops that grow with you
Leonie Barrie | 31 July 2008
Sitting here at my desk on one of the hottest days of the year so far, what wouldn’t I give to feel the grass beneath my feet? Well, short of downing tools and going outside, maybe a pair of grass flip-flops would do the trick. That’s what donut firm Krispy Kreme certainly hopes, and has come up with some innovative footwear to ease the strain for stressed-out London commuters.
Its new shoes will (literally) grow on you, creating an instant grassy park beneath your feet. They take up to three weeks to grow and each shoe is covered with over 5,000 blades of grass. Of course you’ll have to look after them properly, but if you do, the flip-flops can remain in season for over four months.
Sounds like a great idea, but the idea of watering your shoes – and, I presume, giving them a trim now and again – seems more than a little weird. They look pretty bizarre too, but I guess that’s a small price to pay for a mini walk in the park.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022