Blog: Former Men's Wearhouse CEO prepares new enterprise
Michelle Russell | 15 October 2014
It seems former Men's Wearhouse CEO George Zimmer may be about to show his trump card following his fall-out with the apparel retailer, through the launch of a new company.
Zimmer, who was ousted in June last year with no explanation, told delegates at Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference in San Francisco that he's planning to launch a new "high tech, high touch" company in the next few months.
No further details were offered by Zimmer, other than that the company would "strive to treat customers and shareholders well", according to Houston Business Journal. The new enterprise, however, is expected to be launched via Twitter in the coming months.
Zimmer had founded Men's Wearhouse in 1973. The company, however, remained in the spotlight after the ousting, due to a five-month merger tussle with rival Jos A Bank. Men's Wearhouse finally secured a US$1.8bn deal to buy the firm in March.
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Skechers said it has achieved a new third-quarter sales record for the period, while Under Armour delivered ...
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020