Blog: From Reality TV...to reality
Leonie Barrie | 11 April 2006
Reality TV shows are often required to pixelate recognisable logos and artwork on clothing to avoid trademark violations. So what a great idea to eliminate this post-production step and launch a clothing line with the artwork already obscured. But what started out as an internet joke from blogger David Friedman has turned into an overnight hit, selling hundreds of shirts within weeks and garnering international attention.
“In the first two days, I sold 75 shirts,” he says. Friedman's post was linked to from the websites of MSNBC, USA Today, Wired, CNet, Entertainment Weekly, the Boston Globe, and dozens of other blogs. “I was seriously shocked. I thought people might get a laugh and pass the link along if they liked the idea, but they were actually buying shirts.” Just goes to show the power of the web.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective