Blog: Full news in briefs...
Richard Woodard | 25 May 2010
Marks & Spencer’s full-year results mark the swansong of departing executive chairman Sir Stuart Rose – and he celebrated in style with a rather bizarre interview on Radio 4’s flagship Today news programme.
BBC business reporter Adam Shaw asked Sir Stuart the usual moderately searching questions on the headline figures. And then…
Shaw to Sir Stuart: “So, I read in one of the papers that a third of women in the UK wear M&S bras, and a quarter of men wear your underpants…Well, not your underpants, clearly…Sorry – M&S underpants…That really would be a remarkable story…They must be large underpants indeed…”
This is not just a radio news gaffe…This is an M&S radio news gaffe.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020