Blog: Garment exporters relish spending uptick
Joe Ayling | 2 December 2009
An uptick in consumer demand in Europe and the US appears to have filtered through to the order books of at least some manufacturers.
A report in India's The Economic Times says that exporter Orient Craft is opening a new garment plant in response, creating 3,000 jobs in Rajasthan in the process.
According to the newspaper report Orient Craft's order-book has grown 15-20% in the past few months, as spending picks up in time for the holiday season.
Other Indian manufacturers, including Gokaldas, Classic Polo and Alok Industries, paint a similar picture as the cogs of global economic recovery begin to turn, it says.
The restoration of jobs in India - one of the world's leading emerging markets - will boost domestic spending too, signalling that the BRIC nations could be back onto their feet first.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar